Heart Line helps two-yr-old girl from Lahore
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Mahira, a two-year-old girl from Pakistan, can now lead a normal life thanks to a timely surgery done at Fortis Hospital, Mohali. The Rotary Club, Chandigarh, provided financial assistance for her heart surgery under their project Heart Line.
Mahira, a resident of Lahore, Pakistan, underwent the operation on November 18 after she was diagnosed with a complex congenital heart disease. She is now ready to return to her home town in Pakistan with her parents Shahbaz and Fatima. Shahbaz works as a fitter in a sewing machine factory in Lahore.
"Her parents were very worried because of her stunted growth due to her heart ailment and they did not have the means to afford heart surgery. They had heard of Rotary's Heart Line project and approached us through the Rotary governor of Lahore. After that we sought out her medical history and decided that we will get her here for surgery," said Neena Singh, President of Rotary Club, Chandigarh.
The Heart Line project has helped conduct 384 heart-related surgeries in PGI and Fortis. Those in the 0-25 age group, from economical weaker sections, are assisted in this unique project. "Since, July 1 of this year, the Rotary Club has helped conduct 28 such surgeries. Children from all over the world have been treated under this project. Notably, 28 were from Pakistan, 15 from Nepal, 12 from Uganda, 9 from Africa, 2 from Afghanistan , 1 from Iraq and remaining 307 were from India," said Neena Singh.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express