Heart problems for man stuck in jam, FIR against DND flyway operator
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Govt confirms: US snooped on India emails
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
- UP shuts reserve forest as it hosts Sahara chief Subrata Roy
Noida police have registered an FIR against Noida Toll Bridge Company Limited (NTBCL), operator of the DND flyway, on the complaint of a Noida resident who reportedly suffered heart problems due to a long wait at the DND toll plaza on Friday.
Police had asked the operator to make the flyway toll-free during peak hours because the Kalindi Kunj bridge was shut for repairs, leading to long jams at the toll plaza on DND flyway and a gridlock throughout the capital.
SSP Praveen Kumar said, "The complainant is Rakesh Jain, a resident of Noida who was on his way to Delhi. Because of the long jam, he was suffocated in his car, and suffered a heart problem. An angioplasty had to be done at a nearby hospital. Based on his complaint, an FIR has been registered under Sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others), 504 (intentional insult) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC."
NTBCL representative Anwar Abbasi said, "We have received no intimation of an FIR but our legal team will look into it. Since January 23, we have opened 20 lanes and waiting time is only 5 to 6 minutes. The exit at Ashram has become a major choke point."
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today