Heavy fog results in 21 car pile-up, 25 injured
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Over 25 persons were injured and 21 cars damaged due to heavy fog Wednesday on Doraha-Ludhiana road. The accident took place after a truck collided with a stationary truck carrying iron rods. Surinder Singh, Emergency Medical Technician, 108 Ambulance Service, told Ludhiana Newsline, "Total persons injured were around 25 out of which four are seriously injured and they were rushed to Civil Hospital in Ludhiana."
An eye-witness said, "A truck was standing on the roadside loaded with iron rods when suddenly another truck came and banged into it due to almost nil visibility due to fog. Then it was followed by chain collision of a Punjab Road Transport Corporation bus, then a tanker filled with acid, followed by another bus of Patiala Highways and then 16 cars which also collided.
"The second truck was carrying migrant labourers out of which eight were injured. It was the most severely damaged as it got stuck between a bus and the stationary truck," added the eyewitness.
Four people, who were seriously injured, have been identified as Sadir (40), Noor Mohammad (45), Dilshad (8) and Shahnaaz (36).
In another road accident near Sarih village, Alamgir Sahib, a mini-truck hit a bus carrying women employees from behind and three women were admitted in Civil Hospital.