Heavy fog results in 21 car pile-up, 25 injured
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Over 25 persons were injured and 21 cars damaged due to heavy fog Wednesday on Doraha-Ludhiana road. The accident took place after a truck collided with a stationary truck carrying iron rods. Surinder Singh, Emergency Medical Technician, 108 Ambulance Service, told Ludhiana Newsline, "Total persons injured were around 25 out of which four are seriously injured and they were rushed to Civil Hospital in Ludhiana."
An eye-witness said, "A truck was standing on the roadside loaded with iron rods when suddenly another truck came and banged into it due to almost nil visibility due to fog. Then it was followed by chain collision of a Punjab Road Transport Corporation bus, then a tanker filled with acid, followed by another bus of Patiala Highways and then 16 cars which also collided.
"The second truck was carrying migrant labourers out of which eight were injured. It was the most severely damaged as it got stuck between a bus and the stationary truck," added the eyewitness.
Four people, who were seriously injured, have been identified as Sadir (40), Noor Mohammad (45), Dilshad (8) and Shahnaaz (36).
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now