Heavy fog results in 21 car pile-up, 25 injured
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
Over 25 persons were injured and 21 cars damaged due to heavy fog Wednesday on Doraha-Ludhiana road. The accident took place after a truck collided with a stationary truck carrying iron rods. Surinder Singh, Emergency Medical Technician, 108 Ambulance Service, told Ludhiana Newsline, "Total persons injured were around 25 out of which four are seriously injured and they were rushed to Civil Hospital in Ludhiana."
An eye-witness said, "A truck was standing on the roadside loaded with iron rods when suddenly another truck came and banged into it due to almost nil visibility due to fog. Then it was followed by chain collision of a Punjab Road Transport Corporation bus, then a tanker filled with acid, followed by another bus of Patiala Highways and then 16 cars which also collided.
"The second truck was carrying migrant labourers out of which eight were injured. It was the most severely damaged as it got stuck between a bus and the stationary truck," added the eyewitness.
Four people, who were seriously injured, have been identified as Sadir (40), Noor Mohammad (45), Dilshad (8) and Shahnaaz (36).
In another road accident near Sarih village, Alamgir Sahib, a mini-truck hit a bus carrying women employees from behind and three women were admitted in Civil Hospital.