Heavy fog results in 21 car pile-up, 25 injured
- Arunachal crisis: SC to hear Congress plea against President's rule at 2 pm
- 6 years later, the admission — ‘Yes, I shot him dead, he was unarmed, officer told me to’
- India is doing great, nobody talks about it, says Donald Trump
- NFHS report reveals 50% children under five years anaemic in West Bengal
- Toyota sells 10.15 million vehicles in 2015, remains world's biggest automaker
Over 25 persons were injured and 21 cars damaged due to heavy fog Wednesday on Doraha-Ludhiana road. The accident took place after a truck collided with a stationary truck carrying iron rods. Surinder Singh, Emergency Medical Technician, 108 Ambulance Service, told Ludhiana Newsline, "Total persons injured were around 25 out of which four are seriously injured and they were rushed to Civil Hospital in Ludhiana."
An eye-witness said, "A truck was standing on the roadside loaded with iron rods when suddenly another truck came and banged into it due to almost nil visibility due to fog. Then it was followed by chain collision of a Punjab Road Transport Corporation bus, then a tanker filled with acid, followed by another bus of Patiala Highways and then 16 cars which also collided.
"The second truck was carrying migrant labourers out of which eight were injured. It was the most severely damaged as it got stuck between a bus and the stationary truck," added the eyewitness.
Four people, who were seriously injured, have been identified as Sadir (40), Noor Mohammad (45), Dilshad (8) and Shahnaaz (36).
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU