Heavy rain in Surat, Ukai dam nears danger level
- Record Hindu swing in Assam, Cong in decline, states rising
- CBSE Class 12 result declared, Delhi girl tops board
- CBSE results: 83.05 per cent students passed, 2.38 per cent higher than 2015
- Coming to avenge Babri, Kashmir, Gujarat, Muzaffarnagar: ISIS video
- Asked about Trump, Tim Cook says diversity our basic value
With heavy downpour in its upper catchment areas, the water level in of Ukai dam has gone up to 328.68 feet, which is just around 12 feet below the danger level. The authorities started discharging water and also began three hydro engines to generate electricity. However, Navsari, Valsad and the Dangs districts also received moderate rainfall.
In last 24 hours, the entire Surat witnessed heavy rainfall, while no causality was reported. However, the incidents of uprooting of trees and falling of electric poles were recorded with Surat fire brigade department. Several low-lying areas in the Surat city were seen gutted in rain water.
In Ukai dam, the inflow of water is 41, 689 cusecs, while the outflow of the dam is 15,497 cusecs.
While the water level in Kakrapar dam of Tapi district also reached 161.30 feet, which is around 1.30 feet above the danger level. The dam authorities started discharging 9400 cusecs of water to maintain safe level in the dam.
- Assembly polls prove voter is focused on development, not dynasty or caste math
- Comrade Sitaram Yechury’s historic blunder
- A weakened opposition is unlikely to force Mamata to improve governance
- Divided opposition and the perception against DMK helped Amma win Tamil Nadu
- Alys Faiz: A Life Of Poetry & Adventure
- Now, BJP will be on test for its nation-building capacity