Heavy rains, hailstorm lash capital
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Heavy rains and hailstorm lashed the national capital this morning, slowing down vehicular movement in the city.
The rain gauges measured 21 mm of rain till 8:30 am. The showers slowed down the vehicular movement in the city, which had received light rains yesterday morning. The rains revisited the city late last night at around 11 pm and continued till today.
The minimum temperature rose to 11.3 degree Celsius, four degrees above normal and up from yesterday's 9.7 degrees. However, the windchill factor added to the chill in the air. The Weatherman has predicted more rains and thunderstorm in the capital tomorrow.