Heavy rush at 4 pvt schools on day 1 of distribution of admission forms
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Day One of the distribution of forms for school admission for entry to classes in four private schools witnessed a huge rush when parents queued up to buy the forms.
However, high drama prevailed outside the Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 when a few parents had a scuffle with the security guards.
Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School, Sector 26 sold nearly 1000 forms for admission to lower kindergarten class l, Carmel Convent School, Sector 9 sold 900 forms and St Annes Convent School, Sector 32 managed to sell 1046 admission forms.
Due to the heavy rush of parents, even traffic jams were witnessed on the roads leading to the respective schools.
"If schools started the distribution of forms there should be proper management of traffic and school managements need to do something," said Jasmeet Kaur, a parent.
The draw of lots in Scared Heart Senior School and St John's will take place on January 17 at 3.30 pm and the final list be out by the next day.