- Jaitley defamation case: Won't charge Kejriwal, will treat him like my poor clients, says Jethmalani
- Poll panel to throw open challenge: Check our EVMs
- Hindustani classical loses its voice: Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Rajouri sector of Jammu-Kashmir
- Mumbai: 24-year-old jumps off 19th floor of hotel room after going Live on FB
VVIP security has been irking not just the common man, but also other VIPs. Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh's car was forced to stop for a while Wednesday afternoon while he was on his way to Teen Murti as part of a traffic hold-up to allow Army Chief Bikram Singh's convoy to pass. This irritated Ramesh, who later commented how no VIP movement, except the PM and President, should obstruct traffic. He went on to say that even the PM and President's convoy was excessive. He is now contemplating writing to Defence Minister A K Antony , following his experience with the Army Chief's convoy.
ON IM TRAIL
Unhappy with the tardy progress on certain terror cases involving the Indian Mujahideen, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) has now fielded its SP Vishal Garg, who got the agency a breakthrough in Hindu terror cases on the beat with the hope of securing better results. Garg, a BSF officer on deputation, was handling the probe into Samjhauta Express blasts case and Sunil Joshi murder case. He has now been transferred to the unit handling Patna blasts, among others, in which several IM operatives have been identified but are on the run. The agency also appointed an IG and DIG for handling media. IG P V Ramasastry has been made chief spokesperson while DIG Sajid F Shapoo will look after media management.
NRI's who have come to attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas in the capital had curious instances to share with Cabinet ministers on Wednesday. An NRI delegate asked Salman Khurshid, Kapil Sibal, K Chiranjeevi and Chandresh Kumari Katoch what opportunities her daughter, who had played a small role in Shah Rukh Khan starrer Chennai Express had in store for her in Bollywood. The ministers chose to skip the question.
- An omnibus Finance Bill violates canons of constitutional propriety
- Punjab minister’s proposal to decolonise history can be a beginning
- This is constitutional moment for GST, moment ripe for ambition and visionary decision-making
- The first diplomatic encounter between Donald Trump, Xi Jinping will set tone for Asian geopolitics