Helen Mirren enjoys being a stepmother
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
Veteran actress Helen Mirren has said she "kept waiting" to have children but motherhood was not in her destiny.
In the past the Oscar-winning actress has insisted that motherhood holds no interest for her and said she has "no maternal instinct".
But in a recent interview the 67-year-old admitted that she always expected to be a mother, reported The Telegraph.
"It was not my destiny. I kept thinking it would be, waiting for it to happen, but I never did, and I didn't care what people thought," she said.
The 'Queen' star has been in a relationship with Taylor Hackford, the American film director, since her 40s and married him in 1997. She is his third wife and he has two children from previous marriages.
Mirren said she "loves children" and enjoys being a stepmother, adding that it was more men than women who have questioned her about not having children.
"Women never gave me a hard time, anyway, it was only boring old men. And whenever they went 'What? No children? Well, you'd better get on with it, old girl', I'd say 'No!"
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi