Helen Mirren enjoys being a stepmother
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
Veteran actress Helen Mirren has said she "kept waiting" to have children but motherhood was not in her destiny.
In the past the Oscar-winning actress has insisted that motherhood holds no interest for her and said she has "no maternal instinct".
But in a recent interview the 67-year-old admitted that she always expected to be a mother, reported The Telegraph.
"It was not my destiny. I kept thinking it would be, waiting for it to happen, but I never did, and I didn't care what people thought," she said.
The 'Queen' star has been in a relationship with Taylor Hackford, the American film director, since her 40s and married him in 1997. She is his third wife and he has two children from previous marriages.
Mirren said she "loves children" and enjoys being a stepmother, adding that it was more men than women who have questioned her about not having children.
"Women never gave me a hard time, anyway, it was only boring old men. And whenever they went 'What? No children? Well, you'd better get on with it, old girl', I'd say 'No!"
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage