Helicopter Pawan Hans makes emergency landing at Katra, 7 injured
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
Seven persons, including pilot, were injured when a Pawan Hans helicopter carrying Vaishnodevi pilgrims, made an emergency landing in Trikuta hills in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir following a technical fault detected soon after take-off.
A Pawan Hans helicopter with 6 pilgrims was returning from Sanjtichat-based helipad and made an emergency landing at Salal-Dabri area after the pilot detected a technical snag after take-off, Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Udhampur-Reasi range, Jagjeet Kumar said.
During the emergency landing, the helicopter tilted due to non-availability of proper space resulting in injuries 7 people including 6 pilgrims, the DIG said.
A Pawan Hans official in Delhi said the pilot detected the technical fault in the engine and made a "precautionary landing" at Katra.
Police teams were rushed to the spot from Bhawan and Katra belts and the injured have been hospitalised.
The pilot was identified as Col A Parmar.
Katra is a small town situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains where the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi is located.
Over one crore pilgrims visit cave shrine of Mata Vaishnodevi annually.
Pawan Hans and Global Victra helicopter services are ferrying pilgrims between Sanjichat-based helipad and Katra base camp daily.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota