Helpless hubby forced to watch as wife gang-raped in Mumbai
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
A 23-year-old housewife, hailing from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang-raped at knife-point in front of her husband by her three young neighbours at her shanty at suburban Borivali, police said today.
Two accused Sunny Singh (23) and Hari Dattani (25) were arrested, while the third accused was still absconding, police said.
According to police, Rajeev Choudhary (25) and his wife had been staying on rent in a shanty at Ganapath Patil Nagar slums in Borivali.
Singh, Dattani and the third accused had been observing the couple for the past few days and had even passed lewd remarks, following which, the Choudhary couple decided to change the house.
"The three accused barged into victim's house last night thinking she was alone. Upon seeing her husband, the accused whipped out knives and threatened that he would be killed if he resisted," said Suresh Kilje, senior inspector at M H B Colony police station.
The accused raped the victim one after the other at knife-point before her husband, who was forced to keep quiet, police said.
The two accused were produced before a local court today, which remanded them in police custody till May 4, police said adding that further probe was on.