Helpless hubby forced to watch as wife gang-raped in Mumbai
- LIVE updates: Sasikala visits Jayalalithaa memorial, will surrender in Bengaluru today
- ISRO launch: Proud moment for India, record 104 satellites placed in orbit
- DMK convenes emergency meeting, likely to consider backing Panneerselvam
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017 Phase 2 Live Updates: 24.14 per cent voter turnout till 11 am
- Uttarakhand Assembly Elections 2017 Polling Live Updates: 22 per cent turnout till 11 am
A 23-year-old housewife, hailing from Uttar Pradesh was allegedly gang-raped at knife-point in front of her husband by her three young neighbours at her shanty at suburban Borivali, police said today.
Two accused Sunny Singh (23) and Hari Dattani (25) were arrested, while the third accused was still absconding, police said.
According to police, Rajeev Choudhary (25) and his wife had been staying on rent in a shanty at Ganapath Patil Nagar slums in Borivali.
Singh, Dattani and the third accused had been observing the couple for the past few days and had even passed lewd remarks, following which, the Choudhary couple decided to change the house.
"The three accused barged into victim's house last night thinking she was alone. Upon seeing her husband, the accused whipped out knives and threatened that he would be killed if he resisted," said Suresh Kilje, senior inspector at M H B Colony police station.
The accused raped the victim one after the other at knife-point before her husband, who was forced to keep quiet, police said.
The two accused were produced before a local court today, which remanded them in police custody till May 4, police said adding that further probe was on.
- Trump presidency deepens clash within: ideals of equality, freedom vs its pre-1965 history
- Project replacing Pragati Maidan’s structures ignores their significance as cultural artefacts
- Demonetisation is a mythical construction; it doesn't build argument, but weaves myth
- Law must be amended to arrive at fairer determination of age of victim, accused
- Raja Mandala: Battling de-globalisation
- The defence budget, 2017-18, raises serious concerns