Helpline for women in Jaipur
- BREAKING: Explosion on board INS Sindhuratna, two officers feared dead, 7 sailors injured
- LIVE: All options still open for LJP, says Ram Vilas Paswan
- 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul: UPA planning emergency laws days before polls are announced
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
A dedicated helpline for women in distress was launched in the state capital on Tuesday. The helpline that was first introduced eight years ago had over the years become defunct but following the Delhi gangrape case the state government decided to re-launch it.
The initiative to empower women is being called 'Operation Garima' and aims to help women register complaints of sexual harassment or gender-based exploitation. Women can call or text on the round-the-clock helpline 7891091111 or write to email@example.com.
Following a recent spate of sexual harassment cases in the state including the incident of sexual harassment in a women's university, Banasthali Vidyapith, the state government was mulling over reviving the helpline but the Delhi gangrape case jolted the government into action. Jaipur Collector T Ravikant said the helpline aims to provide a safe environment to working women and girl students.