Hema Malini selected for Bharat Muni Samman
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Renowned film actress and Bharatanatyam exponent Hema Malini has been selected for the prestigious Bharat Muni Samman this year for outstanding contribution to the field of art and culture.
Named after the author of Natyashastra Bharat Muni, the award has been instituted by Bhubaneswar-based organisation Kalingayana Touryatrikam.
The award is to be presented to Hema Malini for her contribution towards promotion of Indian arts and entertainment on December 18, the concluding day of the three-day Bharat Muni Festival scheduled to be held here, said a release from Kalingayana Touryatrikam.
Malini, 64, will be the fifth recipient of the award. The earlier recipients are Thankamani Kutty, Pandit Birju Maharaj, Pandit Jasraj and Ratan Thiyam.
A host of distinguished dancers, singers and musicians are slated to perform at this year's Bharat Muni Festival to be held at Rabindra Mandap from December 16 to 18 to enthral the art lovers.