Hema Malini selected for Bharat Muni Samman
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
Renowned film actress and Bharatanatyam exponent Hema Malini has been selected for the prestigious Bharat Muni Samman this year for outstanding contribution to the field of art and culture.
Named after the author of Natyashastra Bharat Muni, the award has been instituted by Bhubaneswar-based organisation Kalingayana Touryatrikam.
The award is to be presented to Hema Malini for her contribution towards promotion of Indian arts and entertainment on December 18, the concluding day of the three-day Bharat Muni Festival scheduled to be held here, said a release from Kalingayana Touryatrikam.
Malini, 64, will be the fifth recipient of the award. The earlier recipients are Thankamani Kutty, Pandit Birju Maharaj, Pandit Jasraj and Ratan Thiyam.
A host of distinguished dancers, singers and musicians are slated to perform at this year's Bharat Muni Festival to be held at Rabindra Mandap from December 16 to 18 to enthral the art lovers.