Hendricks wants to shed curves
She made curves fashionable again in 'thin' obsessed Hollywood, but 'Mad Men' star Christina Hendricks is dieting to look like her skinny counter-parts.
The voluptuous actress, is on a diet to lose two stones, reported Daily Mail online. The 35-year-old, has become an icon of curvaceousness, thanks to her role as Joan Holloway in the Sixties-set drama.
"Christina has got sick of all the talk of her being the curviest woman in Hollywood. For her it basically meant she was being called fat," said a source.
"Now she's gone against everything she believed in before by going on the first diet of her life. Christina's cut out carbs, and alcohol, although she's not a big drinker," added the source.
The actress had said in a recent interview that she is surprised by the attention received by her figure, though she likes the positive remarks coming from her fans.
"A fan once approached me and said, 'Excuse me, I just want to tell you that I watch your show, and you make me feel better about myself. I am a curvy woman and you have made me feel sexy and beautiful'. I got teary eyed," Hendricks had said.
- Searching for fresh legs
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Down and out, Cong looks to Rahul to provide booster shot
- A chance for rest of India
- Sehwag to captain MCC in four-dayer
- In last 20 years, only 3 full-time woman faculty members at FTII