Her final 14 Days
- At meet with Chinese counterpart, Sushma Swaraj raises Masood Azhar issue
- How a railway project put truck driver’s son on plane to Japan
- Kingfisher Airlines challenges ED's charges against Mallya in Mumbai court
- BJP's Vijay Goel fined for violating odd-even scheme, he says 'successful protest'
- Inflation in negative zone for 17th month, at -0.85% in March
DEC 16: Admitted to hospital around 11.30 pm.
DEC 17: Between 2 am and 5 am, underwent first emergency laparotomy procedure. Doctors opened her abdomen to inspect the extent of her injuries, and found most of her intestine missing.
DEC 19: Second elective laparotomy procedure carried out; residual gangrenous intestine removed. Two drains were inserted: one out of her stomach; another which brought the tip of the intestine near the skin to remove infected fluids.
DEC 23: Third elective surgery to remove fluid that had accumulated in her abdomen. Doctors found internal bleeding in the surgically inserted drains.
DEC 26: Victim suffered a thromboembolic attack in the wee hours. A clot stuck in a vessel near her heart triggered a cardiac arrest. At 11.30 pm, she was flown to Singapore.
DEC 27: On board the air ambulance in the early hours, her blood pressure dropped. Doctors performed arterial cannulation mid-flight. Later in the day in Singapore, she developed swelling in the brain, followed by a loss of brain function. The beginning of a lung infection was detected.
DEC 28: Fluid accumulated in her lungs, her cardiac function was down to 25 per cent, and her liver function was down as well. Doctors said there were signs of severe organ failure.
DEC 29: Death declared at 2.15 am IST.
- With sugar industry and politics twined, drought a manmade disaster in Maharashtra
- After the Kollam temple tragedy, reasoned debate has been given a go by
- Bangladesh: Another blogger down
- Raja-Mandala: India, OIC and the Kashmir charade
- Ajit Doval apprising SC judges on national security weakens democracy
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid