Her final 14 Days
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
DEC 16: Admitted to hospital around 11.30 pm.
DEC 17: Between 2 am and 5 am, underwent first emergency laparotomy procedure. Doctors opened her abdomen to inspect the extent of her injuries, and found most of her intestine missing.
DEC 19: Second elective laparotomy procedure carried out; residual gangrenous intestine removed. Two drains were inserted: one out of her stomach; another which brought the tip of the intestine near the skin to remove infected fluids.
DEC 23: Third elective surgery to remove fluid that had accumulated in her abdomen. Doctors found internal bleeding in the surgically inserted drains.
DEC 26: Victim suffered a thromboembolic attack in the wee hours. A clot stuck in a vessel near her heart triggered a cardiac arrest. At 11.30 pm, she was flown to Singapore.
DEC 27: On board the air ambulance in the early hours, her blood pressure dropped. Doctors performed arterial cannulation mid-flight. Later in the day in Singapore, she developed swelling in the brain, followed by a loss of brain function. The beginning of a lung infection was detected.
DEC 28: Fluid accumulated in her lungs, her cardiac function was down to 25 per cent, and her liver function was down as well. Doctors said there were signs of severe organ failure.
DEC 29: Death declared at 2.15 am IST.