Hermione Granger named best screen role model
Harry Potter's best friend Hermione Granger, played by Emma Watson, has been voted the best big-screen role model in a poll of young film fans.
The brainy student picked up 19 per cent of the votes, reported Daily Star online.
It was followed by Charlie Bucket (16 per cent), who wins a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, followed by another Roald Dahl creation, Matilda Wormwood (15 per cent).
- Across the aisle: Misadventures of the Modi government
- The absence of ‘parivartan’ in political culture
- Why was Digvijaya Singh spotted at the VHP office?
- Out of my mind: A fractured politics
- As army’s jihadist house of cards unravels, it is causing a blowback within Pakistan
- As the focus shifts to fixing Brazil economy, its political problems are set to endure