Hero MotoCorp posts highest ever monthly sales in January as Ignitor, Passion X-Pro cruise
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp today said it has recorded highest monthly sales of 5,57,797 units in January 2013.
This is a growth of 7.21 per cent from 5,20,272 units sold in same month of 2012, Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
The previous highest sales was in May 2012, when the company had sold 5,56,644 units.
Hero MotoCorp Senior Vice-President (Marketing & Sales) Anil Dua said, "Our new motorcycle launches like Ignitor and Passion X-Pro are receiving excellent customer response, while growth in our scooters, Pleasure & Maestro, is outpacing the industry growth.
"The overall two-wheeler industry is again showing good volumes, and we are hopeful of keeping up the momentum," he added.
During the month, the company also commenced construction of its fourth manufacturing plant and the Global Parts Centre (GPC) at Neemrana in Rajasthan.
Hero Motocorp will invest a total of Rs 550 crore in setting up these facilities, the statement added.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18