Hero MotoCorp posts highest ever monthly sales in January as Ignitor, Passion X-Pro cruise
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp today said it has recorded highest monthly sales of 5,57,797 units in January 2013.
This is a growth of 7.21 per cent from 5,20,272 units sold in same month of 2012, Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
The previous highest sales was in May 2012, when the company had sold 5,56,644 units.
Hero MotoCorp Senior Vice-President (Marketing & Sales) Anil Dua said, "Our new motorcycle launches like Ignitor and Passion X-Pro are receiving excellent customer response, while growth in our scooters, Pleasure & Maestro, is outpacing the industry growth.
"The overall two-wheeler industry is again showing good volumes, and we are hopeful of keeping up the momentum," he added.
During the month, the company also commenced construction of its fourth manufacturing plant and the Global Parts Centre (GPC) at Neemrana in Rajasthan.
Hero Motocorp will invest a total of Rs 550 crore in setting up these facilities, the statement added.