Hero MotoCorp posts highest ever monthly sales in January as Ignitor, Passion X-Pro cruise
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp today said it has recorded highest monthly sales of 5,57,797 units in January 2013.
This is a growth of 7.21 per cent from 5,20,272 units sold in same month of 2012, Hero MotoCorp said in a statement.
The previous highest sales was in May 2012, when the company had sold 5,56,644 units.
Hero MotoCorp Senior Vice-President (Marketing & Sales) Anil Dua said, "Our new motorcycle launches like Ignitor and Passion X-Pro are receiving excellent customer response, while growth in our scooters, Pleasure & Maestro, is outpacing the industry growth.
"The overall two-wheeler industry is again showing good volumes, and we are hopeful of keeping up the momentum," he added.
During the month, the company also commenced construction of its fourth manufacturing plant and the Global Parts Centre (GPC) at Neemrana in Rajasthan.
Hero Motocorp will invest a total of Rs 550 crore in setting up these facilities, the statement added.