Heroinegiri: True Kahaani of a heroine
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Eight years since she made her way into Bollywood, actor Vidya Balan's impressive rise has silenced critics and won her more friends and admirers than she can count. An unbridled chat with the actress on making the box-office numbers add up, the awards, breaking out of the size zero mould and how she got her mojo back!
After four successive wins at 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards as the Best Actor (Female) for an excellent turn as Vidya Bagchi in suspense drama Kahaani, Vidya Balan can afford to sit back and enjoy her well-deserved success. However, the blissful break — a month that she took off from work — is now drawing to a close as she is back to the drill from February. Not that she is complaining though. In the pipeline this year are Ghanchakkar that has her essay the role of a Punjabi housewife, Shaadi Ke Side Effects opposite Farhan Akhtar and most likely Kahaani 2 with Sujoy Ghosh. Excerpts from an interview with Screen:
Given that the competition was really tough, did you think that you would repeat your win in the best actress category for the fourth year?
* The competition was so strong that I was happy just to be nominated among these people — Priyanka (Chopra), Parineeti (Chopra), Sridevi — they were all so good. It is nice to receive an award. I was hoping I would, but given the competition, you never knew which way it would go. So my attitude was that it's good that I am nominated, I won't think beyond it. But winning again — that was surreal!
Was this win even more special given that Kahaani was an underdog film — director Sujoy Ghosh did not have a hit to his credit when he started the film and from what one has heard, finding a producer was difficult?