Heroinegiri: True Kahaani of a heroine
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
Eight years since she made her way into Bollywood, actor Vidya Balan's impressive rise has silenced critics and won her more friends and admirers than she can count. An unbridled chat with the actress on making the box-office numbers add up, the awards, breaking out of the size zero mould and how she got her mojo back!
After four successive wins at 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards as the Best Actor (Female) for an excellent turn as Vidya Bagchi in suspense drama Kahaani, Vidya Balan can afford to sit back and enjoy her well-deserved success. However, the blissful break — a month that she took off from work — is now drawing to a close as she is back to the drill from February. Not that she is complaining though. In the pipeline this year are Ghanchakkar that has her essay the role of a Punjabi housewife, Shaadi Ke Side Effects opposite Farhan Akhtar and most likely Kahaani 2 with Sujoy Ghosh. Excerpts from an interview with Screen:
Given that the competition was really tough, did you think that you would repeat your win in the best actress category for the fourth year?
* The competition was so strong that I was happy just to be nominated among these people — Priyanka (Chopra), Parineeti (Chopra), Sridevi — they were all so good. It is nice to receive an award. I was hoping I would, but given the competition, you never knew which way it would go. So my attitude was that it's good that I am nominated, I won't think beyond it. But winning again — that was surreal!
Was this win even more special given that Kahaani was an underdog film — director Sujoy Ghosh did not have a hit to his credit when he started the film and from what one has heard, finding a producer was difficult?
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit