Herschelle Gibbs excited and ready to explode in CLT20
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Former South African opener Herschelle Gibbs says he is ready to "explode" during the Champions League Twenty20 main tournament which starts tomorrow in Centurion.
Gibbs said he was looking forward to letting local fans see his unique brand of cricket again as he turns out for Australian side Scorchers in the when they take on South Africa's Titans in Centurion tomorrow.
"I'm pretty much excited and ready to explode," Gibbs told 'The New Age'.
"We've prepared pretty well for this champs league and our good run during the (Australian) Big Bash will certainly give us the edge as far as match fitness, preparedness and competitiveness are concerned," he added.
Gibbs, whose best T20 score is a 101 not out, has 26 half centuries in the format. He was named Most Valuable Player by the Scorchers in the last season where they ended runners-up in the Big Bash.
Gibbs said he was looking forward to playing at the high altitude again.
"The ball does travel really fast out here in the Highveld and certainly we'll be out to meet the ball with the middle of the bat and hopefully score big," Gibbs said.
"Our fielding as well has to be up there because the balls will be flying to the boundaries," he added.
Gibbs, who once mesmerised fans with his hitting and excellent fielding, frequently ran into trouble off the field while playing for the Proteas.
Two years ago, he released a controversial book which angered his fellow players and Cricket South Africa.
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act