High Court notice to Shah Rukh Khan, BMC in sex determination case
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Bombay High Court has issued notices to Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri on a petition filed by a social activist, challenging a magistrate's order refusing her application for documents pertaining to the couple's child born through surrogacy.
Varsha Deshpande has filed a complaint in the magistrate's court seeking action against Shah Rukh, Gauri and city-based Jaslok Hospital under the Pre-conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (Prohibition of Sex Selection) Act (PCPNDT).
She has alleged that Khans had conducted a sex determination test before their third child, AbRam, was born through surrogacy.
Deshpande has sought documents pertaining to the surrogacy process and documents collected by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in its inquiry into the matter.
The civic body initiated inquiry following Deshpande's allegations and gave a clean chit to Shah Rukh and his wife, saying no offence under the PCPNDT Act had been committed.
"The magistrate rejected our application seeking production and verification of documents following which we approached the High Court," Deshpande's lawyer, advocate Uday Warunjikar said.
Justice R P Sondurbaldota on Friday issued notices to Shah Rukh, Gauri, Jaslok Hospital, and the civic body, and posted the matter for hearing on January 10.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express