High Court orders new tender for school items
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Responding to a PIL by MNS corporator Sandip Deshpande, Bombay High Court (HC) has given BMC time till February 7 to draft a new tender policy to procure school items to deter alleged cartelization.
Its order Friday indicated BMC had suggested in an affidavit modifications to enable a better response in procuring school items.
In the interim order, HC also asked the petitioner to point out cartelisation. The court will consider suggestions to improve the tendering process.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students