High Court slams Haryana over land transfer
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
The High Court also raised eyebrows as to "how the land, which is admittedly village common land was transferred to Bishan Dass Chela (the previous owner, now deceased) and as to how, petitioner (Bhupendra Singh) came to sow wheat on the land without any apparent right or title ."
The next date of hearing has been fixed for December 17.
From the court
Acting on a petition challenging the appointments made to the Punjab State Human Rights Commission without allegedly issuing proper notification, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued notice to the Punjab government. Petitioner Dinesh Chadha of Ropar had sought quashing of 25 appointments made on contract basis and 87 appointments made through outsourcing. The court will hear the case on February 5, 2013.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court directed the Punjab government to submit a copy of the special leave petition (SLP), where it had challenged the HC order that stayed a May 18, 2010 circular issued by Punjab DGP to various appointing authorities in the police department. The DGP had directed that convicted police officers, where prescribed maximum punishment is less than three years, must not be dismissed from service irrespective of the sentence awarded. The HC had stayed the operation of the circular on October 19, 2011. The court will hear the case again on December 20.
The High Court on Wednesday directed the Punjab government to specify an agency within a month, which will audit all accounts of Punjab School Education Board (PSEB), Mohali, including the "secrecy fund". Petitioner H C Arora stated that the secrecy fund, at the disposal of the Board chairman, is immune from audit. He had added that secrecy fund of the chairman has risen to Rs 10.50 crore during 2010-11.
The Court on Wednesday summoned Gurgaon and Faridabad municipal commissioners and Haryana Urban Local Bodies secretary after the chief judicial magistrates of both the districts told the court that illegal construction was found near the Gurgaon arms depot and Faridabad Air Force ammunition store. No one is allowed to raise any construction within the vicinity of 900 m of the arms depots. The case will be heard on Dec 18.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2