High five for Vora; Neha Prasad smashes 16-yr-old mark
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rise above caste to elect a development-oriented government, says Modi
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Encounter on in Jammu, two terrorists killed; highway closed
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- SC dismisses Centre's plea to review decision on Rajiv Gandhi killers
Saumya Vora of NSCI announced his arrival on the circuit with a spectacular effort of five new meet records to take away the honours on day one of the 41st Bombay YMCA Inter Club Swimming Championship, at the YMCA Swimming Pool.
Vora was in devastating form as he left arch rivals Sidharth Sankhe of Otters Club and Omkar Nehete of Mandpeshwar Civic Federation, Borivali far behind. Vora set the tone for a record-breaking spree in every event he entered with new marks in the boys' under-14 100m freestyle, 100m butterfly, 100m backstroke and 100m breaststroke that all stood in the name of Otters Club's Parikshit Shetty for 12 long years, and the 200m individual medley.
Neha Prasad of Khar Gymkhana was the other significant performer of the day when she smashed the girls' under-14 backstroke record with an effort of 1.11.31 seconds that shattered the 16-year-old mark of 1.13.62 set by YMCA's Delna Bhumgara, and later went on to add gold in the 100m breaststroke, 100m freestyle and 200m individual medley.
Boys U-14: 100m freestyle: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 0.57.46 secs – NMR; 2. Aniket Jagtap (Police) 1.01.68; 3. Nicholas Fernando (Andheri Sports Complex) 1.02.73. Boys U-14: 100m butterfly: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 1.05.02 secs – NMR; 2. Nicholas Fernando (Andheri Sports Complex) 1.08.47; 3.Vedant Khandeparkar (NSCI) 1.08.66. Boys U-14: 100m backstroke: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 1.06.29 secs – NMR; 2. Vedant Khandeparkar (NSCI) 1.12.33; 3. Omkar Nehete (Mandpeshwar Civic Fed) 1.14.34. Boys U-14: 100m breaststroke: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 1.13.80 secs – NMR; 2. Sidharth Sankhe (Otters Club) 1.16.81; 3. Omkar Nehete (Mandpeshwar Civic Fed) 1.16.88. Boys U-14: 200m Ind. Medley: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 2.24.11 secs – NMR; 2. Omkar Nehete (Mandpeshwar Civic Fed) 2.32.65; 3. Sidharth Sankhe (Otters Club) 2.33.55. Girls U-14: 100m backstroke: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym) 1.11.31 – NMR; 2. Jahnvi Shah (CCI) 1.19.86; 3. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym) 1.20.12. Girls U-14: 100m freestyle: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym); 2. Jaini Gogri (Matunga Gym); 3. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym). Girls U-14: 100m breaststroke: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym); 2. Uma Tulapurkar (CSMSS); 3. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym). Girls U-14: 200m Ind. Medley: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym); 2. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym); 3. Arlein D'Mello (CSMSS). Girls U-12: 100m backstroke: 1. Muskaan Tolani (Otters Club) 1.15.82 – NMR; 2. Sana Gaya (Khar Gym) 1.18.63; 3. Ariesa Mongia (NSCI) 1.19.55.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters