High five for Vora; Neha Prasad smashes 16-yr-old mark
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Saumya Vora of NSCI announced his arrival on the circuit with a spectacular effort of five new meet records to take away the honours on day one of the 41st Bombay YMCA Inter Club Swimming Championship, at the YMCA Swimming Pool.
Vora was in devastating form as he left arch rivals Sidharth Sankhe of Otters Club and Omkar Nehete of Mandpeshwar Civic Federation, Borivali far behind. Vora set the tone for a record-breaking spree in every event he entered with new marks in the boys' under-14 100m freestyle, 100m butterfly, 100m backstroke and 100m breaststroke that all stood in the name of Otters Club's Parikshit Shetty for 12 long years, and the 200m individual medley.
Neha Prasad of Khar Gymkhana was the other significant performer of the day when she smashed the girls' under-14 backstroke record with an effort of 1.11.31 seconds that shattered the 16-year-old mark of 1.13.62 set by YMCA's Delna Bhumgara, and later went on to add gold in the 100m breaststroke, 100m freestyle and 200m individual medley.
Boys U-14: 100m freestyle: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 0.57.46 secs – NMR; 2. Aniket Jagtap (Police) 1.01.68; 3. Nicholas Fernando (Andheri Sports Complex) 1.02.73. Boys U-14: 100m butterfly: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 1.05.02 secs – NMR; 2. Nicholas Fernando (Andheri Sports Complex) 1.08.47; 3.Vedant Khandeparkar (NSCI) 1.08.66. Boys U-14: 100m backstroke: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 1.06.29 secs – NMR; 2. Vedant Khandeparkar (NSCI) 1.12.33; 3. Omkar Nehete (Mandpeshwar Civic Fed) 1.14.34. Boys U-14: 100m breaststroke: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 1.13.80 secs – NMR; 2. Sidharth Sankhe (Otters Club) 1.16.81; 3. Omkar Nehete (Mandpeshwar Civic Fed) 1.16.88. Boys U-14: 200m Ind. Medley: 1. Saumya Vora (NSCI) 2.24.11 secs – NMR; 2. Omkar Nehete (Mandpeshwar Civic Fed) 2.32.65; 3. Sidharth Sankhe (Otters Club) 2.33.55. Girls U-14: 100m backstroke: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym) 1.11.31 – NMR; 2. Jahnvi Shah (CCI) 1.19.86; 3. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym) 1.20.12. Girls U-14: 100m freestyle: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym); 2. Jaini Gogri (Matunga Gym); 3. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym). Girls U-14: 100m breaststroke: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym); 2. Uma Tulapurkar (CSMSS); 3. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym). Girls U-14: 200m Ind. Medley: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym); 2. Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym); 3. Arlein D'Mello (CSMSS). Girls U-12: 100m backstroke: 1. Muskaan Tolani (Otters Club) 1.15.82 – NMR; 2. Sana Gaya (Khar Gym) 1.18.63; 3. Ariesa Mongia (NSCI) 1.19.55.
- Army withdraws invite asking scribes not to wear pheran at J&K press meet
- Orissa law minister shot at in Puri
- In attendance, Rahul led party in Lok Sabha — from the bottom
- Court raises Jaya silver question
- Gang with Pak link duped Indians in Saudi, busted
- Wary of Muslim ‘disapproval’, Mamata doesn’t meet US envoy
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly