- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
The French manicure might be a classic, but the nude, natural look can also be very boring. In fact, in a dedicated nail art salon, the choice will often be frowned upon. "You have to opt for some colour — how about metallic blue to complement your outfit," urged Harkiran Singha, co-owner of Polish, the city's dedicated nail spa and salon that recently set shop in Sector 8.
Step inside the minty green (and also very girly) environs and your gaze instantly shifts to a smorgasbord of options lined up on the counter. From floral motifs to abstract art, bejewelled designs to those that come with extra sparkle, there are rows of nail art styles to choose from. There's even a slide-show of multiple images that play on loop on a high definition screen, in case you are still undecided. Add to that a dedicated section that houses every colour of nail paint there could possibly be. But clearly, there's much more to a nail spa than just a coat of paint. Offering various spa services, one can choose from combinations of manicures and pedicures that end with one's choice of nail art.
"What most aren't aware of is that nail art can be a permanent option. Internationally, gel nail extensions are popular and we offer them here as well," mentioned Singha as we eye the various options available. The hand and foot spa sessions can last anywhere between 30 minutes to hour-and-a-half and are quite elaborate and a tad more expensive than those you get at a neighbourhood parlour. The Pomegranate and Fig Spa Manicure is recommended, but if you are seeking help for rough, winter hands, opt for the Milk and Honey Spa Manicure. "We do not look at Polish as only a place for people to come in for nail care and spa services. We want it to be a venue where people can come and relax together, spend time with each other in a luxurious and pampered environment," remarked Singha hinting at ladies kitty and bachelorette or birthday parties.
- Ready for elections: Parties
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs