- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The French manicure might be a classic, but the nude, natural look can also be very boring. In fact, in a dedicated nail art salon, the choice will often be frowned upon. "You have to opt for some colour — how about metallic blue to complement your outfit," urged Harkiran Singha, co-owner of Polish, the city's dedicated nail spa and salon that recently set shop in Sector 8.
Step inside the minty green (and also very girly) environs and your gaze instantly shifts to a smorgasbord of options lined up on the counter. From floral motifs to abstract art, bejewelled designs to those that come with extra sparkle, there are rows of nail art styles to choose from. There's even a slide-show of multiple images that play on loop on a high definition screen, in case you are still undecided. Add to that a dedicated section that houses every colour of nail paint there could possibly be. But clearly, there's much more to a nail spa than just a coat of paint. Offering various spa services, one can choose from combinations of manicures and pedicures that end with one's choice of nail art.
"What most aren't aware of is that nail art can be a permanent option. Internationally, gel nail extensions are popular and we offer them here as well," mentioned Singha as we eye the various options available. The hand and foot spa sessions can last anywhere between 30 minutes to hour-and-a-half and are quite elaborate and a tad more expensive than those you get at a neighbourhood parlour. The Pomegranate and Fig Spa Manicure is recommended, but if you are seeking help for rough, winter hands, opt for the Milk and Honey Spa Manicure. "We do not look at Polish as only a place for people to come in for nail care and spa services. We want it to be a venue where people can come and relax together, spend time with each other in a luxurious and pampered environment," remarked Singha hinting at ladies kitty and bachelorette or birthday parties.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today