- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Doctors at the Advanced Pediatrics Centre successfully performed the first paediatric stem cell transplant of a three-year-old boy with neuroblastoma cancer.
Nucleic acid testing (NAT) Lab in the Department of Transfusion Medicine at PGI was inaugurated. It is the most sensitive and state-of-the-art testing for improving blood safety from transfusion transmissible viral infections–HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
HIV Testing and Disease Monitoring laboratory in the Department of Immunopathology accorded Accreditation by the National Accreditation Board for Calibration and Testing Laboratories (NABL).
Neuroscience Research Lab under the Department of Neurology introduced novel MPLA based genetic testing. The 27 new genetic tests introduced cost half the price of private labs and include genetic testing for Huntington's Chorea, Muscular Dystrophy, Ataxias, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's disease, Mirgaine, Retinitis pigmentosa, AMD etc .
The Foundation Stone of Image Guided Radiation Therapy (I.G.R.T.) Complex was laid. This complex will house a High Energy Linear Accelerator and a CT Simulator along with other accessories. The High Energy Linear Accelerator to be installed in the Department of Radiotherapy, will have facilities for doing all the latest techniques of radiation for treatment of different cancers.
Department of Cytology and Gynaecological Pathology has acquired the state-of-the-art facility of Liquid Based Cytology (LBC).
Department of Endocrinology made a substantial progress in the stem cell research in patients with type II diabetes and 70% of the patients had significant benefit.
Golden jubilee alumni meet held; alumni cell created for the first time at PGIMER.
Two years after the admission scam hit the PGI, sophisticated cheating racket busted during MD/MS entrance exam at PGIMER.
Strike by resident doctors, nurses, contractual staff led to patient harassment.
GMCH 32 director principal selection procedure mired in controversy after names of in houses candidates sent by the UT health department left others feeling discriminated.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18