High Security Number Plates must from Aug 1
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Old vehicles registered in UT given time till July 31, 2013
All new vehicles getting registered in Chandigarh shall be required to get High Security Registration Number Plates (HSRNP) fastened on the vehicle from August 1. For vehicles, which are already registered in Chandigarh, the deadline to get High Security Registration Number Plates has been fixed as July 31, 2013. There are more than 7.8 lakh registered motor vehicles in Chandigarh.
In pursuant to Central Motor Vehicle Rules, as notified by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to introduce High Security Registration Plate System in India, the UT Transport Department, today notified "the implementation of the High Security Registration Plates in the Union Territory of Chandigarh Scheme, 2011".
According to norms, the high security registration plate shall be required to be fastened on the front and rear of the vehicle. In case of three- and four-wheel vehicles, a third registration plate, in the form of a self-destructive sticker shall be affixed on the windshield of the vehicle. The sticker, carrying the engine and chasis number of the vehicle, shall be self-destructive, in case of any tampering.
The vendors, for the job, have already been notified and approved by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. All such vendors eligible under the "Motor Vehicles (New High Security Registration Plates) Order, 2001" and under "Rule 50 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989" shall be able to sell these number plates to the vehicles registered with Registering and Licensing Authority, Chandigarh. The vendors shall be required to possess a valid "Type Approval Certificate" issued by any of the testing agencies, authorised by the Centre.
It shall be the responsibility of the vehicle owner to procure the High Security Number Plate and the self-destructive sticker from the authorised vendors. The vehicle owners shall also be required to bring a person to fasten or affix HSRNP on the vehicle.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express