Himachal polls: Cong makes two more changes in candidate list
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
The AICC today announced two more changes in the list of Congress nominees for the November 4 Himachal Pradesh Assembly elections.
Sudhir Sharma, sitting MLA from Baijnath constituency which has been wiped out after delimitation, has been shifted from Dharamshala to Jawalamukhi seat.
Sharma, the son of former Himachal Minister Pandit Sant Ram, will replace the party's earlier nominee Sanjay Rattan, who had earlier contested the Jawalamukhi seat as an Independent.
Gaddi community leader Manoj Kumar Gaddi has now been fielded by the party from the Dharmshala seat in place of Sharma.
The Gaddi community of the state had been demanding party tickets from the Congress. Incidentally, BJP MLA from the seat Kishan Kapoor also belongs to the Gaddi community.
The AICC had on Tuesday also announced two changes in its list of nominees when Khub Ram, earlier fielded from Karsog-SC seat, was shifted to Anni-SC Assembly seat replacing Ishwar Dass, while Mansa Ram replaced Khub Ram at the Karsog-SC seat.
Khub Ram had contested from the Anni seat earlier too when he was a member of Sukh Ram-led Himachal Vikas Congress.
Mansa Ram, originally a Congress leader who later switched to Himachal Vikas Congress and then BJP, came back to the Congress fold after he lost the last Assembly election to Independent Hira Lal by a margin of over 5,500 votes in the 2007 polls from Karsog.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress