Himachal Pradesh celebrates 43rd statehood day
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Rain, wind, hail interrupt play
Celebrating the 43rd statehood day of Himachal Pradesh, the state government on Friday announced to raise the social security pension from Rs 450 to Rs 500 per month.
The social security pension for old age, widow, destitute and handicapped persons would go up from Rs 450 to Rs 500 per month, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said while presiding over the statehood function in Sunni area of the district.
It was on this day in 1971 that Himachal Pradesh was carved out as the 18th state of the country.
On the occasion, the chief minister announced a number of schemes aiming to benefit the people of the state.
Singh said free ambulance service would be provided to mother and her new born child after delivery.
Students would be allowed free transport facility in HRTC buses for travelling from home to educational institutions and back, he said.
He also announced the creation of new Sub-tehsil at Dhami and the upgradation of some schools.
Singh said Hydropower and Tourism development would also get high priority and about 5,000 MW power generation would be added in the next five years.
He said so far about 6,000 MW hydropower potential had been harnessed and efforts would be made to double it during the 12th five year plan.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case