'Himmatvala' fails at Box Office, collects Rs 31 cr in opening weekend
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Director Sajid Khan's much-awaited remake of 1983 film of the same name failed to impress fans at the Box office.
The movie, which has Ajay Devgn and Tammannaah Bhatia in the lead, managed to collect Rs 31 crore in the first weekend and a mere Rs 12 crore on the opening day (March 29).
Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted: "#Himmatwala collected approx Rs 31.1 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 12.1 cr, Sat 8.5 cr, Sun 10.5 cr."
He further said: "In view of the fact that UTV has given #Himmatwala a wide release, the weekend numbers are shockingly low."
Taran Adarsh had earlier said on Sunday that there was a drastic fall in numbers not only in India but also overseas.
"#Himmatwala is on a declining spree not just in India, but also in key markets of Overseas...UK Fri £ 42,294, Sat £ 36,035."
Director Sajid Khan, who is known for giving hit comedies like Heyy Babbyy and Housefull, expected his film to do a business of Rs 200 crore.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might