'Himmatvala' fails at Box Office, collects Rs 31 cr in opening weekend
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Director Sajid Khan's much-awaited remake of 1983 film of the same name failed to impress fans at the Box office.
The movie, which has Ajay Devgn and Tammannaah Bhatia in the lead, managed to collect Rs 31 crore in the first weekend and a mere Rs 12 crore on the opening day (March 29).
Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted: "#Himmatwala collected approx Rs 31.1 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 12.1 cr, Sat 8.5 cr, Sun 10.5 cr."
He further said: "In view of the fact that UTV has given #Himmatwala a wide release, the weekend numbers are shockingly low."
Taran Adarsh had earlier said on Sunday that there was a drastic fall in numbers not only in India but also overseas.
"#Himmatwala is on a declining spree not just in India, but also in key markets of Overseas...UK Fri £ 42,294, Sat £ 36,035."
Director Sajid Khan, who is known for giving hit comedies like Heyy Babbyy and Housefull, expected his film to do a business of Rs 200 crore.
Besides Ajay Devgn and Tammannah Bhatia, Himmatvala also stars Mahesh Manjrekar and Paresh Rawal.