'Himmatvala' fails at Box Office, collects Rs 31 cr in opening weekend
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
Director Sajid Khan's much-awaited remake of 1983 film of the same name failed to impress fans at the Box office.
The movie, which has Ajay Devgn and Tammannaah Bhatia in the lead, managed to collect Rs 31 crore in the first weekend and a mere Rs 12 crore on the opening day (March 29).
Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted: "#Himmatwala collected approx Rs 31.1 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 12.1 cr, Sat 8.5 cr, Sun 10.5 cr."
He further said: "In view of the fact that UTV has given #Himmatwala a wide release, the weekend numbers are shockingly low."
Taran Adarsh had earlier said on Sunday that there was a drastic fall in numbers not only in India but also overseas.
"#Himmatwala is on a declining spree not just in India, but also in key markets of Overseas...UK Fri £ 42,294, Sat £ 36,035."
Director Sajid Khan, who is known for giving hit comedies like Heyy Babbyy and Housefull, expected his film to do a business of Rs 200 crore.