'Himmatvala' fails at Box Office, collects Rs 31 cr in opening weekend
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Director Sajid Khan's much-awaited remake of 1983 film of the same name failed to impress fans at the Box office.
The movie, which has Ajay Devgn and Tammannaah Bhatia in the lead, managed to collect Rs 31 crore in the first weekend and a mere Rs 12 crore on the opening day (March 29).
Film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted: "#Himmatwala collected approx Rs 31.1 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 12.1 cr, Sat 8.5 cr, Sun 10.5 cr."
He further said: "In view of the fact that UTV has given #Himmatwala a wide release, the weekend numbers are shockingly low."
Taran Adarsh had earlier said on Sunday that there was a drastic fall in numbers not only in India but also overseas.
"#Himmatwala is on a declining spree not just in India, but also in key markets of Overseas...UK Fri £ 42,294, Sat £ 36,035."
Director Sajid Khan, who is known for giving hit comedies like Heyy Babbyy and Housefull, expected his film to do a business of Rs 200 crore.
Besides Ajay Devgn and Tammannah Bhatia, Himmatvala also stars Mahesh Manjrekar and Paresh Rawal.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express