Hindustan FC start with win
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Football Club defeated New Delhi Heroes 5-2 in Group A preliminary league match on the opening day of the DSA Senior Division Open League on Tuesday.
Nigerian Kuka (23rd and 28th) and Mahender Kumar (44th and 52nd) each struck twice while Jitender (66th minute) found the target once for Hindustan. Nigerian recruit Hafiz scored for New Delhi Heroes in the 62nd and 77th minutes at the DDA Netaji Subhash Sports Complex, Jasola.
In another match at CWG Sports Complex, Akshardham, Ahbab Football Club scored a solitary goal victory over spirited Shimla Youngs. The match-winning goal came in 15th minute when Nigerian Festus converted a penalty-kick awarded following handling of the ball by defender Digvijay Singh inside the box.
In another match of Group A at CWG Complex, newly promoted Goodwill FC came from behind to held formidable Garhwal Heroes FC to a 1-1 draw. Garhwal Heroes took 1-0 lead in the 53rd minute through striker Kamal Rawat who nicely headed home off a cross from Nitesh Chikkara. Goodwill restored parity through Balbir in 85th minute.