Hindustan FC start with win
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Football Club defeated New Delhi Heroes 5-2 in Group A preliminary league match on the opening day of the DSA Senior Division Open League on Tuesday.
Nigerian Kuka (23rd and 28th) and Mahender Kumar (44th and 52nd) each struck twice while Jitender (66th minute) found the target once for Hindustan. Nigerian recruit Hafiz scored for New Delhi Heroes in the 62nd and 77th minutes at the DDA Netaji Subhash Sports Complex, Jasola.
In another match at CWG Sports Complex, Akshardham, Ahbab Football Club scored a solitary goal victory over spirited Shimla Youngs. The match-winning goal came in 15th minute when Nigerian Festus converted a penalty-kick awarded following handling of the ball by defender Digvijay Singh inside the box.
- Who is a true patriot?
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?