Hindustan Petroleum moves SC against Gujarat HC order
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
The Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) moved the Supreme Court Monday, challenging the Gujarat High Court's order of July last year that required all cars registered in the state to switch to gas within a year.
The court tagged the petition with the central government's plea on the same issue and ordered for its listing after four weeks.
The HC had directed the state government to pass necessary laws to make it compulsory for all four-wheelers registered in Gujarat to convert to natural gas within one year. It had also directed the Centre to allocate natural gas, including CNG, to Ahmedabad city at the same price as it supplies to Delhi and Mumbai under the Administered Price Mechanism.
Lioness attacks, injures three
Amreli: Three people were injured, one of them seriously, after a lioness attacked the trio near a village here Monday, where they had come to attend a marriage ceremony, a forest official said.
While Haresh Makvana (25) was shifted to Amreli Civil Hospital after being given preliminary treatment at the community health centre, Bharat Parmar (35) and Shailesh Makvana (25) were discharged after being given first-aid, the official said.
The trio had come to attend a marriage ceremony at Babu Makvana's home in Ambaliya village at Kambha taluka here, the official said. -PTI