Hip Happenings in 2014
- Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP for six years
- Congressâs Imran Masood sent to jail; Rahul disapproves of Masood's alleged hate speech, says âthis is not the Cong wayâ
- Sabir Ali says he will file defamation case against Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, claims he is more popular
- I am proud of my 'RSS roots' says Modi, slams Rahul Gandhi
- March 29 Elections round up: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
The New Year's barely dawned but the social calendar of the city already looks promising. Apart from all the routine literature, culture and music festivals and awaited Bollywood releases that will eventually dot the year, TALK lists the events and appearances that one should watch out for.
The Big Fam Following
When he first came on board Kaun Banega Crorepati as the game show's host 14 years ago, Amitabh Bachchan set a trend that film stars would have the courage to follow only a decade later. Big B's next big move — he leads the cast of a fiction show on Sony, directed by Anurag Kashyap, that will go on air this year — will hopefully begin yet another trend. Likely to follow him first is his wife Jaya, who is also said to have joined the cast of another show for the same channel. Last heard, even bahu Aishwarya has received a plump offer from the teleworld. Bring it on, we say.
The announcement that the master of minimalism, Rajesh Pratap Singh, will showcase his collection at the grand finale of Lakme Fashion Week's (LFW) Summer/Resort 2014 edition has fashion watchers rubbing their hands in glee. The Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week loyalist will bring his brand of tailored perfection to the Mumbai ramp for the very first time. Also, it'll be interesting to see how Singh, uncompromising in action and nonconformist in thought, will draw inspiration from Lakme Absolute's new beauty range and work it into his collection. "It (LFW) has been consistent in introducing cutting-edge innovations and this is elegantly on display on the runway. This dual approach to creativity is something I can respond to," Singh said in a statement. LFW is scheduled to take place from March 11-15 at the Grand Hyatt, Santa Cruz east.