Hiring pace declines 6% in January: Monster.com
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Hiring activity in the country witnessed a decline in January as employers preferred to tread the cautious path largely owing to weak economic scenario, leading job portal Monster.com said.
The Monster Employment Index India for December, a monthly gauge of online job demand, stood at 128, down nearly 6 per cent from the previous month.
The index, however, on year-on-year basis witnessed a 7 per cent rise in January.
"The Monster Employment Index India exhibits positive annual growth. However, the employers continue to remain cautious owing to the current global economic scenario," Monster.com Managing Director (India/Middle-East/South East Asia) Sanjay Modi said.
A sectoral analysis showed even amid tough economic conditions, hiring in sectors including BPO/ITeS, banking /financial services/insurance, education, healthcare, consumer goods/FMCG and logistics continued.
In January, online job availability declined in as much as 19 of the index's 27 industry sectors. However, it rose in 6 occupational categories monitored by the company.
The month witnessed an increase in demand for technically qualified professionals in customer service and healthcare.
In terms of cities, out of the 13 under review, Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Coimbatore and Jaipur saw a decline in online demand for jobs, while it increased in Ahmedabad, Kochi, Baroda.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer