Hisar judge killed after his car collides with govt jeep
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Hisar Additional District and Sessions Judge Pradeep Kumar (46) was killed in a road accident on Wednesday when the car he was travelling in collided with a jeep on the highway connecting Kaithal and Narwana. According to the police, Kumar was on his way to Hisar from Chandigarh when his car collided head on with a Bolero Jeep – a Haryana government's vehicle – coming from the opposite direction near Narwana, Jind, at around 8.30 am.
According to the police, Kumar was travelling alone in his car. Three people, including Hisar's Child Development Project officers Sushila Rawal and Sarita, and driver Karam Chand, travelling in the jeep, were admitted to a hospital after they sustained serious injuries. A case has been registered against Chand for rash and negligent driving. According to the investigating officials, Chand was trying to overtake another vehicle when the jeep rammed into Kumar's car.
Work at the Hisar court was suspended. The District Bar Association of Hisar observed a condolence meeting in the Bar room of the district courts complex in Hisar. Kumar was cremated in Khera village, Karnal, on Wednesday afternoon.
Advocate Surender Dhull, Hisar District Bar Association chief, said, "Kumar's untimely demise is a great loss. He was on a three-year posting to Hisar". Advocate Lal Bahadur Khowal, Vice-President of the association, said, "Kumar is survived by his wife and daughter, whom they adopted merely a week ago".
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express