Hisss director Jennifer Lynch disowns film
- L-G expresses disappointment over Kejriwal's remark on PM, says will clear Swati Maliwal as DCW chief
- Bombay HC grants anticipatory bail to Teesta Setalvad after CBI rejects plea
- Union Agriculture Minister lists 'love affairs, impotency' as causes for farmer suicides
- Asaram witness murder case: UP govt recommends CBI probe in Akhil Gupta's death
- Haryana Health Minister catches CID man 'spying' on his office, threatens to resign
Irony cannot get better (read 'worst') than this. The recently released Hisss, starring Mallika Sherawat, sank without even creating a hiss at the BO. The gloom of the situation just doesn't end there, for it's much more than what meets the eye.
David Lynch's daughter Jennifer Lynch, who was directing the film, left both the project and India before editing the material. Rumors have it that, the 'end product' has been very different than the 'original'. The 'original' here refers to the film that Jennifer shot, while the 'end product' refers to the film's co-producer Govind Menon; who later put together the final material of the film.
A visibly upset Jennifer Lynch said that, the film was 'taken away' from her in the editing stages itself and that she has no idea what the film looks like (read 'has shaped up like'). She also added that the film that she perceived and wanted to be made as a love story, eventually took the shape of a 'horror film' by the producers, as they did away with the songs.
In spite of all this, Jennifer Lynch plans to be back in India someday. Will she be able to pull off a new leaf is what time will tell. Till then, keep 'hissing'... we mean... guessing!