Hisss director Jennifer Lynch disowns film
- Deeply hurt and pained, says Kejriwal after rift within AAP breaks out in open
- ‘I wear glasses, am not marriage material, won’t grow long hair’
- Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale
- SAARC Yatra: Jaishankar meets Pak Foreign Secy Aizaz Chaudhary
- Rain hits mustard, wheat, chickpea crop in north and central states
Irony cannot get better (read 'worst') than this. The recently released Hisss, starring Mallika Sherawat, sank without even creating a hiss at the BO. The gloom of the situation just doesn't end there, for it's much more than what meets the eye.
David Lynch's daughter Jennifer Lynch, who was directing the film, left both the project and India before editing the material. Rumors have it that, the 'end product' has been very different than the 'original'. The 'original' here refers to the film that Jennifer shot, while the 'end product' refers to the film's co-producer Govind Menon; who later put together the final material of the film.
A visibly upset Jennifer Lynch said that, the film was 'taken away' from her in the editing stages itself and that she has no idea what the film looks like (read 'has shaped up like'). She also added that the film that she perceived and wanted to be made as a love story, eventually took the shape of a 'horror film' by the producers, as they did away with the songs.
In spite of all this, Jennifer Lynch plans to be back in India someday. Will she be able to pull off a new leaf is what time will tell. Till then, keep 'hissing'... we mean... guessing!