Hisss director Jennifer Lynch disowns film
- Beef row: Amit Shah reprimands BJP 'motormouths' over controversial remarks
- NJAC SC verdict: Democracy cannot be 'tyranny of the unelected', says Arun Jaitley
- Rajkot police to file FIR against Hardik Patel for 'insulting' tricolour
- I am not Sheila Dikshit, will not let you sleep peacefully: Kejriwal to Modi on Delhi rapes
- After Express report on Pepsi displeasure, BCCI gets Vivo to sponsor IPL
Irony cannot get better (read 'worst') than this. The recently released Hisss, starring Mallika Sherawat, sank without even creating a hiss at the BO. The gloom of the situation just doesn't end there, for it's much more than what meets the eye.
David Lynch's daughter Jennifer Lynch, who was directing the film, left both the project and India before editing the material. Rumors have it that, the 'end product' has been very different than the 'original'. The 'original' here refers to the film that Jennifer shot, while the 'end product' refers to the film's co-producer Govind Menon; who later put together the final material of the film.
A visibly upset Jennifer Lynch said that, the film was 'taken away' from her in the editing stages itself and that she has no idea what the film looks like (read 'has shaped up like'). She also added that the film that she perceived and wanted to be made as a love story, eventually took the shape of a 'horror film' by the producers, as they did away with the songs.