History-sheeter killed in Antop Hill
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
History-sheeter John Fernandes (28) was stabbed to death in Antop Hill by four men on Monday afternoon.
Wadala TT Police said Fernandes had been externed from the city more than once. He was accosted and killed in a slum at around 1 pm. He was repeatedly stabbed in the chest and abdomen.
Fernandes was rushed to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival.
"He has a history of supplying stolen electricity and water to slum-dwellers. We suspect the rival Bondwala gang, involved in similar thefts in the same area, to be behind the murder," said a police officer.
Fernandes's brother Alexander died, reportedly due to electrocution, five months ago in Antop Hill. However, his family suspected foul play and police are still investigating his death. Alexander's wife subsequently hanged herself.