History-sheeter killed in Antop Hill
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
History-sheeter John Fernandes (28) was stabbed to death in Antop Hill by four men on Monday afternoon.
Wadala TT Police said Fernandes had been externed from the city more than once. He was accosted and killed in a slum at around 1 pm. He was repeatedly stabbed in the chest and abdomen.
Fernandes was rushed to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival.
"He has a history of supplying stolen electricity and water to slum-dwellers. We suspect the rival Bondwala gang, involved in similar thefts in the same area, to be behind the murder," said a police officer.
Fernandes's brother Alexander died, reportedly due to electrocution, five months ago in Antop Hill. However, his family suspected foul play and police are still investigating his death. Alexander's wife subsequently hanged herself.