History-sheeter killed in Antop Hill
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files nomination from Vadodara; Ashutosh alleges threat by Sibal
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Amit Shah CD doctored, BJP writes to poll panel
- BCCI moves SC to get access to statements by Srinivasan and Dhoni
History-sheeter John Fernandes (28) was stabbed to death in Antop Hill by four men on Monday afternoon.
Wadala TT Police said Fernandes had been externed from the city more than once. He was accosted and killed in a slum at around 1 pm. He was repeatedly stabbed in the chest and abdomen.
Fernandes was rushed to Sion Hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival.
"He has a history of supplying stolen electricity and water to slum-dwellers. We suspect the rival Bondwala gang, involved in similar thefts in the same area, to be behind the murder," said a police officer.
Fernandes's brother Alexander died, reportedly due to electrocution, five months ago in Antop Hill. However, his family suspected foul play and police are still investigating his death. Alexander's wife subsequently hanged herself.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move