History-sheeter on parole rapes, murders
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A 32-year-old history-sheeter has been arrested for allegedly raping and killing a minor last month while on parole. Sunil alias Pappu Salve was arrested by Shirdi Police from near Manmad Railway Station, about 80 km from here, Friday night. Salve is accused of several crimes, including kidnapping, rape and murder. He is serving ten years rigorous imprisonment in one of the cases. During parole, he kidnapped a nine-year-old girl from here and allegedly raped and murdered her on December 28, 2012.
ASP Sunita Thakare said the rape and murder case against Salve would be tried by a fast-track court.