History-sheeter on parole rapes, murders
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
A 32-year-old history-sheeter has been arrested for allegedly raping and killing a minor last month while on parole. Sunil alias Pappu Salve was arrested by Shirdi Police from near Manmad Railway Station, about 80 km from here, Friday night. Salve is accused of several crimes, including kidnapping, rape and murder. He is serving ten years rigorous imprisonment in one of the cases. During parole, he kidnapped a nine-year-old girl from here and allegedly raped and murdered her on December 28, 2012.
ASP Sunita Thakare said the rape and murder case against Salve would be tried by a fast-track court.