History-sheeter on parole rapes, murders
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Paswan calls him vikas purush as Modi sells âNational Development Allianceâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
A 32-year-old history-sheeter has been arrested for allegedly raping and killing a minor last month while on parole. Sunil alias Pappu Salve was arrested by Shirdi Police from near Manmad Railway Station, about 80 km from here, Friday night. Salve is accused of several crimes, including kidnapping, rape and murder. He is serving ten years rigorous imprisonment in one of the cases. During parole, he kidnapped a nine-year-old girl from here and allegedly raped and murdered her on December 28, 2012.
ASP Sunita Thakare said the rape and murder case against Salve would be tried by a fast-track court.