Hit by fellow studentís car, PEC girl succumbs to injuries at PGI
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A 20-year-old girl student at PEC University of Technology succumbed to injuries on Sunday morning at PGI. She had been hit by the car of a fellow student on the varsity campus on Thursday.
Charu Mehta had suffered serious injuries and was admitted to PGI after the accident that occurred at 3 pm on Thursday.
"The girl was crossing the road while accused Piyush came at a very high speed from the opposite direction and hit her," said the police.
The accident occurred near the Aravali hostel and the accused sped away after the accident.
Charu, a resident of Panchkula, was a third-year student of production engineering and a hosteller.
Piyush, 20, also a student of PEC, was driving an Alto car (CH 01AD 1711) at the time of the incident.
A case of negligent driving and causing hurt was registered against the accused. He was arrested and released on bail later.