Hit by fellow studentís car, PEC girl succumbs to injuries at PGI
- Kolkata: Under-construction bridge collapses, several feared dead
- Ban verbal, unilateral and triple talaq: Central government panel
- Dantewada attack: Info on troop movement was leaked, says CRPF
- PM Modi arrives in US for Nuclear Security Summit
- Hold all polls together, save time, money: PM Modi floats idea
A 20-year-old girl student at PEC University of Technology succumbed to injuries on Sunday morning at PGI. She had been hit by the car of a fellow student on the varsity campus on Thursday.
Charu Mehta had suffered serious injuries and was admitted to PGI after the accident that occurred at 3 pm on Thursday.
"The girl was crossing the road while accused Piyush came at a very high speed from the opposite direction and hit her," said the police.
The accident occurred near the Aravali hostel and the accused sped away after the accident.
Charu, a resident of Panchkula, was a third-year student of production engineering and a hosteller.
Piyush, 20, also a student of PEC, was driving an Alto car (CH 01AD 1711) at the time of the incident.
A case of negligent driving and causing hurt was registered against the accused. He was arrested and released on bail later.
- Uttarakhand shows how BJP promises of cooperative federalism
- There was ghar wapsi and beef. Nationalism has been added to the list
- India has found itself a new hero in Virat Kohli
- The legend of parachuting cats
- Punjab’s fair weather critics
- Bharat Mata pivot gives BJP a narrative to link what the RSS wants