Hit by fellow studentís car, PEC girl succumbs to injuries at PGI
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
A 20-year-old girl student at PEC University of Technology succumbed to injuries on Sunday morning at PGI. She had been hit by the car of a fellow student on the varsity campus on Thursday.
Charu Mehta had suffered serious injuries and was admitted to PGI after the accident that occurred at 3 pm on Thursday.
"The girl was crossing the road while accused Piyush came at a very high speed from the opposite direction and hit her," said the police.
The accident occurred near the Aravali hostel and the accused sped away after the accident.
Charu, a resident of Panchkula, was a third-year student of production engineering and a hosteller.
Piyush, 20, also a student of PEC, was driving an Alto car (CH 01AD 1711) at the time of the incident.
A case of negligent driving and causing hurt was registered against the accused. He was arrested and released on bail later.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota