Hit by fellow studentís car, PEC girl succumbs to injuries at PGI
- You can oppose Jamia minority status, Law ministry advises HRD
- JeM chief Masood Azhar under 'protective custody', confirms Pak Minister
- Muslim couple on train beaten in MP, bags searched over beef suspicion
- India calls Pak action positive step, says talks deferred to ‘near future’
- Meanwhile, ‘love story’ that starts in Mumbai, ends in Pakistan jail
A 20-year-old girl student at PEC University of Technology succumbed to injuries on Sunday morning at PGI. She had been hit by the car of a fellow student on the varsity campus on Thursday.
Charu Mehta had suffered serious injuries and was admitted to PGI after the accident that occurred at 3 pm on Thursday.
"The girl was crossing the road while accused Piyush came at a very high speed from the opposite direction and hit her," said the police.
The accident occurred near the Aravali hostel and the accused sped away after the accident.
Charu, a resident of Panchkula, was a third-year student of production engineering and a hosteller.
Piyush, 20, also a student of PEC, was driving an Alto car (CH 01AD 1711) at the time of the incident.
A case of negligent driving and causing hurt was registered against the accused. He was arrested and released on bail later.