Hit-and-run cases: Cops clueless
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Tharoor mocks at Modi's meeting with actors; 80 pc polling in Inner Manipur
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Karthik-led DD face RCB
Police have failed to achieve any breakthrough in the two fatal hit-and-run cases that have occurred this year. Both incidents took place in the jurisdiction of the Police Station in Sector 26.
On January 5, a woman and her son were hit by a speeding car at the dividing road of Sector 27 and Sector 30. Parvati (45) died while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Sector 32 while her son Vipin is still critical, as per doctors. Their relatives have constantly been in touch with police officials but three days after the incident, police are yet to make any arrests. "We have identified the registration number of the car and it belongs to a Ambala resident. We are, however, yet to make any arrests," an official said.
In the second such incident, a 58-year-old pedestrian was run over by a car near the Sector 7, Sector 8 roundabout on January 7. The car fled the spot.
The victim has been identified as Gopal Singh, a resident of Sector 7.
Station House Officer (SHO) of the Police Station in Sector 26, Inspector Anokh Singh, said: "We are investigating the case and have achieved much progress." On whether anyone had been picked up, however, he replied in the negative and added that the car was yet to be identified. So far, police have only know the colour and the make of the car.
Rickshaw puller loses life after being hit by car
Chandigarh: In the third hit-and-run case this year, a rickshaw puller lost his life after he was hit by an unknown car at colony number 4 at 8.45 pm on Tuesday. He was rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) Sector 32, where he lost his life.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18