- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Seen on: Monday to Friday, 8 pm, Zee, 8 pm
Cast: Rati Pandey, Sumit Vats, Smita Singh
She doesn't smile. Eve teasers and anyone who takes panga with her gets a chappal treatment from her. She runs the home with clockwork precision and works hard to earn a living, she is Indira aka Hitler didi.
Zee TV's latest heroine is a no-nonsense Chandni Chowk girl whose father abandoned her family when she was very young. While her mother dutifully waits for him to return, Indira can't seem to either forgive or forget it. She has a good-for-nothing older brother; a younger college-going sister, a bhabhi who orders pizza on the sly and a nephew, whom she dotes on albeit with an iron fist. The bills are mounting and Indira, who works in a travel agency, is increasingly finding it difficult to run the family with absolutely no help from her kin. So to supplement her income, she is desperately looking for a tenant for her barsaati. In comes Rishi, a shayari-spouting young man who has already hit a wrong note with Indu. He doesn't know he will soon land on her barsaati!
A single working woman taking care of her house is not a novel premise on television (though many such shows have always been suitably domesticated for the sake of TRPs). After all, makers and channels would like us to believe that viewers generally like their primetime heroines weeping buckets and doing household chores than successfully balancing home and career.
Interestingly, Indira is not really a career woman as much she is a woman, forced to take on a job. She rues the fact that the men in her family are responsible for taking away her smiles. And the way things are progressing, we know, Rishi will prove to be an exception and restore sanity in her life.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express