HJC-BJP combine holds rally in Karnal, slams Hooda govt
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
The HJC-BJP combine on Sunday held a major rally in Karnal district, targeting the Congress-led government in Haryana. Less than a month ago, both the parties had held a joint rally in Sirsa.
BJP national president Nitin Gadkari and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, shared stage with HJC chief Kuldeep Bishnoi. "We need to establish Ram Rajya in Haryana. To ensure this, the Congress should not get a single Lok Sabha seat in Haryana," Swaraj appealed to the gathering.
Launching a scathing attack on the government, the BJP leaders tagreted Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on the "deteriorating law and order situation" in Haryana. Referring to the spate of rape cases in the state, the leaders appealed to the electorate to bring a change in Haryana.
Incidentally, Hooda was also in Karnal on Sunday. He unveiled a statue of Pandit Chiranji Lal, father of Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Kuldeep Sharma, at a government college in Karnal.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP