HJC-BJP combine holds rally in Karnal, slams Hooda govt
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
The HJC-BJP combine on Sunday held a major rally in Karnal district, targeting the Congress-led government in Haryana. Less than a month ago, both the parties had held a joint rally in Sirsa.
BJP national president Nitin Gadkari and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, shared stage with HJC chief Kuldeep Bishnoi. "We need to establish Ram Rajya in Haryana. To ensure this, the Congress should not get a single Lok Sabha seat in Haryana," Swaraj appealed to the gathering.
Launching a scathing attack on the government, the BJP leaders tagreted Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on the "deteriorating law and order situation" in Haryana. Referring to the spate of rape cases in the state, the leaders appealed to the electorate to bring a change in Haryana.
Incidentally, Hooda was also in Karnal on Sunday. He unveiled a statue of Pandit Chiranji Lal, father of Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Kuldeep Sharma, at a government college in Karnal.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed