Hockey India League has potential to change face of hockey: Akshay Kumar
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has become the latest celebrity to back the ongoing Hockey India League, saying that the event has the potential to change the face of the sport.
"I am a sportsperson by heart and it is good to see world
class hockey action across cities in the country. I have seen
some of the matches and loved what I saw," Akshay said.
"The quality of action is amazing as you see the best of
players in the world showcase their talent on the turf. Day
before yesterday's match between Mumbai Magicians and Delhi
Waveriders was a blockbuster with two evenly balanced teams
scoring as many as 10 goals between them.
"This is exactly the kind of hockey which will attract
the youth of today. This league has the potential to change
the face of hockey in the country. I will follow as many
matches as I can and I think we have here a recipe for a very
successful property for years to come," he added.
Former Indian player, Viren Rasquinha, said Akshay's
support will increase HIL's popularity. "It is good that main stream Bollywood stars are coming to support Hockey India league. This will broad base the support of hockey in the country."Hockey stalwart Deepak Thakur, added, "Hockey and
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness