Holy dip easiest way to wash sins: Rashid Alvi on Rajnath's Kumbh visit
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
"It is the easiest way to wash their sins."
This was how Congress spokesman Rashid Alvi reacted when asked about BJP chief Rajnath Singh's holy dip in the Ganga yesterday and plans of many BJP leaders to follow suit.
He prefaced his remark by saying he was "happy" that Singh visited Kumbh and other BJP leaders are also going there.
Alvi had also made light of the BJP chief using a VHP platform at Allahabad to raking up the Ayodhya issue, maintaining that the Opposition party does so whenever elections are round the corner.
Seeking to drive a wedge in the NDA on the issue, he said the BJP should ask the JD-U whether it supports its stand on the Ayodhya issue.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer