Home guard killed, 3 cops hurt in road mishap
- IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Ahead of Amit Shah's visit, Meghalaya BJP speaks against beef ban, rebel group calls bandh
- Dharamvira Gandhi removed as Parliamentary party leader of AAP
- Salman Khan hit-and-run case: Verdict to be announced on May 6
- Video: Giriraj Singh denies he met PM Modi and cried
A home guard died while a probationary deputy SP, a probationary sub-inspector and a police driver were injured when the vehicle in which they were travelling was hit by a speeding car in Viramgam taluka of Ahmedabad district in the early hours of Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Amrat Chauhan. He was posted at the Viramgam rural police station.
The Viramgam police said the accident took place at 1.30 am on Sayana bypass when the police vehicle stopped to ask a truck driver to move his vehicle which was found parked in the middle of the road.
"The DySP ordered to stop the vehicle to ask the truck driver to move his vehicle from the road because it was night time and vehicles coming in full speed may ram into it. In the meantime, a speeding car rammed into their jeep," said a Viramgam police officer.
The police said the vehicle was dragged for a while and the homeguard fell on the ground and suffered a head injury. DySP Manjita Vanjara suffered a fracture and SI R M Chauhan and the police driver escaped with minor injuries.
"The suspect is still unidentified. We have alerted all the police stations in the district and Ahmedabad city to search for the car," the officer added.
The Viramgam rural police station has lodged a complaint in this connection and started investigation.