'Home Ministry informed about Colors TV channel misusing national anthem'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: In Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi says her husband Robert Vadra is being maligned
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry today said a representation alleging misuse of national anthem by a private TV channel for promotion of a reality show has been forwarded to the Home Ministry.
This information was shared in Lok Sabha by I&B Minister Manish Tewari in response to a question.
A representation had been received from an advocate, Jeetender Gupta, alleging that Colors TV channel is misusing national anthem for promoting a reality show in theatres, Tewari said.
Gupta had then also filed a writ petition in the High Court.
"The High Court disposed off the case by stating the representation made to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting should be looked into by the concerned ministry i.e. the Ministry of Home Affairs," Tewari said.
The representation had been accordingly sent to the Home Ministry, he added.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready