'Home Ministry informed about Colors TV channel misusing national anthem'
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry today said a representation alleging misuse of national anthem by a private TV channel for promotion of a reality show has been forwarded to the Home Ministry.
This information was shared in Lok Sabha by I&B Minister Manish Tewari in response to a question.
A representation had been received from an advocate, Jeetender Gupta, alleging that Colors TV channel is misusing national anthem for promoting a reality show in theatres, Tewari said.
Gupta had then also filed a writ petition in the High Court.
"The High Court disposed off the case by stating the representation made to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting should be looked into by the concerned ministry i.e. the Ministry of Home Affairs," Tewari said.
The representation had been accordingly sent to the Home Ministry, he added.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit