'Home Ministry informed about Colors TV channel misusing national anthem'
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry today said a representation alleging misuse of national anthem by a private TV channel for promotion of a reality show has been forwarded to the Home Ministry.
This information was shared in Lok Sabha by I&B Minister Manish Tewari in response to a question.
A representation had been received from an advocate, Jeetender Gupta, alleging that Colors TV channel is misusing national anthem for promoting a reality show in theatres, Tewari said.
Gupta had then also filed a writ petition in the High Court.
"The High Court disposed off the case by stating the representation made to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting should be looked into by the concerned ministry i.e. the Ministry of Home Affairs," Tewari said.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue