'Home Ministry informed about Colors TV channel misusing national anthem'
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry today said a representation alleging misuse of national anthem by a private TV channel for promotion of a reality show has been forwarded to the Home Ministry.
This information was shared in Lok Sabha by I&B Minister Manish Tewari in response to a question.
A representation had been received from an advocate, Jeetender Gupta, alleging that Colors TV channel is misusing national anthem for promoting a reality show in theatres, Tewari said.
Gupta had then also filed a writ petition in the High Court.
"The High Court disposed off the case by stating the representation made to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting should be looked into by the concerned ministry i.e. the Ministry of Home Affairs," Tewari said.
The representation had been accordingly sent to the Home Ministry, he added.