Kareena Kapoor: I eat simple Indian food to stay fit and healthy
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Kareena Kapoor says rather than surviving on salads and juices, she eats simple Indian food to stay fit and healthy.
"I eat only simple Indian home food – sabzi, roti, dal, chawal, ghee. There are so many benefits of having ghee. My grandmother is 84 and she is still fit and looks beautiful," Kareena told reporters here last evening.
"One should eat everything especially healthy and not junk food. I don't like the idea of starving. I would eat and burn it out in gym. The amount of intake is what matters," she said.
Kareena Kapoor, who was size zero five years back, begins her day with a banana milk shake followed by a cup of coffee.
"I don't know where this term of size zero came from, people called it that way (size zero). I became thin for Tashan. And that is because of Rujuta, I followed her instructions," she said.
32-year-old Kareena is a part of a nutrition documentary DVD film 'Indian Food Wisdom and The Art of Eating Right', by famous celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar.
Kareena Kapoor reveals that she is a vegetarian. Her husband actor Saif Ali Khan, who is also part of this DVD, likes to eat meat but rarely.
"Nawabi food is rich in meat so I opt for dal or paneer while Saif eats mutton. I don't eat meat," she adds.
Kareena feels older actresses like Madhubala and others were beautiful because they ate simple food.