Homemaker blows the whistle on Amitabh Bachchan-hosted 'Kaun Banega Crorepati fraud'
- Lakhvi's release: PM Modi conveys India's concerns to China
- Modi must do to Raje, Swaraj what we did to Tomar: Arvind Kejriwal
- AIPMT test to be re-conducted on July 25: CBSE
- Palamu Express derails following blast by suspected Maoists in Jharkhand
- All Income Tax refunds to be put directly in bank accounts: CBDT
"The bank authorities assured me that I would not have to face any trouble since I had not responded to the offer of 'KBC team'," said the woman, who was continued to be contacted by the miscreants later, but to no avail. She said she had planned to lodge a formal complaint with the police but later changed her mind since she had not suffered any damage.
When contacted, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Economic Offences Wing and Cyber) Sanjay Shinde said advance fee fraud in the garb of KBC was taking place in the city for the first time. Stating that a newer trend of white collar crime was increasing day by day in an alarming rate, police authorities have appealed to citizens to not get lured by deceptive money offers.