Homicide case against builder Kisan Rathod
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Six months after a landslide swept away the vehicle of Varsha Wadekar near Shindewadi near the Katraj tunnel on Pune-Satara Highway, the Pune rural police have registered a case of culpable homicide against builder Kisan Rathod (41) for allegedly encroaching natural waterways. Additional SP Ravindrasingh Pardeshi said the case was registered on Wednesday based on sub-division officer (SDO) Bhor's report.
The flood at Shindewadi was triggered due to the obstruction of waterways on the Katraj Ghat. The flood had swept off the vehicle in which Wadekar and her daughter Sanskruti were travelling. NHAI officials had earlier lodged a complaint against Rathod and his younger brother Pandit for allegedly obstructing the waterways s.
District collector Vikas Deshmukh had ordered a magisteriatial enquiry headed by SDO Bhor. "The case has been filed with the Rajghat police station," he said
The incident had triggered protests against illegal constructions on hillside. The district authorities had undertaken major anti-encroachment drive along the highway.