Honour to Sarabjit: Dal Khalsa slams CM
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Radical Sikh outfit, the Dal Khalsa, Saturday asked Punjab government to explain to the people the contribution of Sarabjit Singh towards Punjab and the rationale behind cremating him with full state honour and announcement of Rs 1 crore from public exchequer for his family.
Taking a dig at Chief Minister Parkash Singh for declaring Sarabjit a national martyr and announcing three-day state mourning, party head H S Dhami and general secretary Dr Manjinder Singh in a release said, "As claimed by the Indian government, Sarbjit was not sent to Pakistan on official duty. So how come he was cremated with state honours?."
Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh for calling him a "brave son of India", the leaders asked him to tell the countrymen about the bravery exemplified by Sarabjit for the sake of the country.