Honour to Sarabjit: Dal Khalsa slams CM
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Radical Sikh outfit, the Dal Khalsa, Saturday asked Punjab government to explain to the people the contribution of Sarabjit Singh towards Punjab and the rationale behind cremating him with full state honour and announcement of Rs 1 crore from public exchequer for his family.
Taking a dig at Chief Minister Parkash Singh for declaring Sarabjit a national martyr and announcing three-day state mourning, party head H S Dhami and general secretary Dr Manjinder Singh in a release said, "As claimed by the Indian government, Sarbjit was not sent to Pakistan on official duty. So how come he was cremated with state honours?."
Taking a jibe at Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh for calling him a "brave son of India", the leaders asked him to tell the countrymen about the bravery exemplified by Sarabjit for the sake of the country.
They, however, said that the Sarabjit's killing was highly unfortunate and Dal Khalsa was saddened by this ghastly act and shares condolences with his family members.